- Once you fill in the Application Form, you will be contacted for the first appointment as soon as possible. The period of the first contact might extend up to 2 weeks related to the schedule of the unit.
- In the first session, the aim is to identify the support type that you need. You can be referred to another specialist after the first session.
- The counseling sessions usually last for 45-50 minutes, once in a week.
- The frequency and the duration of the sessions are decided by the counselor together with the student. The number of individual sessions at REDAM unit is limited to 8 sessions.
- In case of coming late to an appointment, the session will take place in the planned time and will not be extended further.
- In any case of cancellation/rescheduling of the sessions, you are expected to inform the counselor at least 24 hours before the session.
- In case that you do not attend your appointment without any prior notification, a new appointment cannot be assigned in the same week. If the same situation repeats for the second time, you need to apply again to continue using the counseling service.
- You might be asked to fill some forms to identify your personality characteristics, strengths, and difficulties better.
* All of the services of the REDAM unit are free of charge for the students.
* The counseling service is provided in two languages: Turkish and English.
* In case of an emergency, you can visit REDAM (room K329/330) without waiting for an appointment.
* If you don’t show up for the first session without any prior notice, it is assumed that you gave up for counseling.